Monday, March 10, 2014

Skiing...a beautiful day in Colorado!

I can't believe it's already been a month since writing about living a life in balance
...the time has flown by.  Have I been living a balanced life?
I have had some success, yay, and will continue to work at it each day.  
And on the days where all the bits and pieces of work creep into every minute,
 I will give myself the gift of grace!  

Yesterday, was my first day skiing this season and
I willl openly admit that I am an extreme fair weather skier.  
Snowing, cold, wind...no thank you!  
So I have waited and waited for this beautiful day, 
schedule and good health to all coincide.  
Of course when leaving the house at 6:30 am felt like 5:30 am...
thank you daylight saving time...
I was wondering if I was still even a fair weather skier.
    
We had a great time, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  
Kelsey (our oldest daughter) and Peter (husband) were very patient, 
slowing down to ski the blues at Copper Mountain with me!  


When my legs finally cried 'uncle' they got in a few faster runs without me!  
What's a girl to do at the bottom while waiting?  
Enjoy a beer of course 
and a trial at what has become a popular trend that I haven't yet mastered...
...the selfie! 
(I must say it's even harder to accomplish in bright sun when you can't see your screen)

I also met a great couple from Longmont, Dian & Chad who own & operate
 the Flight Deck Grill at the Vance Brand Airport in Longmont, CO.  I'm really looking forward to taking the family there once they re-open in May!  

Now that I've finally hit the slopes...I'll be hoping all week for this Saturday to be another beautiful day and an even more awesome day with Corinne (middle daughter) and Alex (son & youngest) joining us on the mountain.  

                                             Shine On,
                                                            Lynette


No comments: