Monday, February 10, 2014

Learning to live a life in Balance!

Okay...so January has already past, we're now well into February and I am really ready to look ahead!  I usually mull everything that happened the previous year, over and over, without a clear direction of where I'm headed next.  I guess you could say I am kind of a 'fly by your seat' type of woman. The thing is, while that allows me to be spontaneous, try, fail, learn and even succeed sometimes...it's also limiting.  So this year...bring it 2014...I have a list of goals!  Some big and some small, some fun and some not so much, but the first step to success, I've heard, is sharing them.  Not all at once, for my sake and yours...but throughout this year I will share my goals, what's working, what's not and what I've learned along the way.

 

bal·ance

 noun \ˈba-lən(t)s\
  • the state of having your weight spread equally so that you do not fall
  • the ability to move or to remain in a position without losing control or falling
  • a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper      amount of importance
This is by far the biggest struggle I have had (to date) with running our small business out of our home! Some may struggle with motivation and getting down to work...I struggle with setting working hours and then honoring quitting time.  I know I am not alone in this!  I would be honored to hear your suggestions, success stories, and even ideas that have failed you in order to learn how to live a life in balance.
So, my starting point, I will spend 15 minutes of every morning visualizing what a balanced 'TODAY' will look like. This seems like a good place for a beginner to start!

Here's to 2014, a year of balance...one day at a time.
                                                                     Shine On,
                                                                            Lynette



No comments: